GSVLabs is a community-based reservoir of resources for entrepreneurs and the organizations that surround them and help them prosper. We’re a facilitator and a cheerleader. A nerve center with a state-of-the-art campus. We’re educators and matchmakers. And we’re entrepreneurs too - just like you.
GSVLABS HOUSE RULES
GSVLabs is a place of business, a co-working facility, an innovation center, a learning environment, and a knowledge-sharing community. The community operates under the following principles:
• As members, you will conduct your business with the highest ethical standards of business, and with mutual personal respect for any and all persons working in, visiting, or conducting business within the facility and/or its online community.
• All members will respect the confidentiality for their own information and that of their colleagues and peers.
• Members acknowledge that they are working in an open work space and will respect the privacy and work environment of other Member companies.
Members of the GSVLabs community working onsite at the GSVLabs facility, further agree to abide by the following “house rules.” GSVLabs reserves the right, upon GSVLabs’ full and absolute discretion, to terminate any or all of the benefits listed below if we find that a member is abusing or taking advantage of such benefit.
OCCUPANCY AND WORKSPACE
• Occupancy and capacity of your workspace is prescribed in your membership agreement. Unless otherwise specified in your agreement, up to a maximum of two (2) individual consultants and/or employees not included in the license agreement are welcome to work with you in your space at no additional fee but for no more than 8 days per month in aggregate. These consultants and/or employees must sign in daily upon arrival at GSVLabs and must be escorted by a member.
• Virtual desk members must work in one of the unoccupied common areas. All personal belongings must be removed from the Virtual area at the end of each work day; the area will be cleared each evening.
• You may not alter or make any changes to the space—signage, décor, painting, wall hangings, furniture and so forth without prior written approval from GSVLabs staff. This is to ensure an ordered and consistent look throughout the space.
• The office is open from 8:30am-5pm. Key cards are needed both during and after these hours. Please do not let anyone in who does not have a key card.
• No smoking within 20 feet of the building, this includes e-cigarettes or vaporizers.
• Any children under 16 years old must be supervised by an adult in the facility.
• Please do not touch items on others’ desks – while we do have security cameras throughout the facility, we ask that you keep in mind that you’re responsible for the security of your own belongings and you must respect others personal belongings.
• Tenants must store their belongings in the allocated space they have; empty or unoccupied desks/space are not to be used for additional storage.
• Please respect your neighbors and keep the volume of your conversations reasonable. This isn’t a library, but be aware that people are working around you. If you have any issues, please speak to the person directly before bringing the issue up with the GSVLabs staff (example: no speakerphone calls in the workspace)
• Unless otherwise noted in the calendar, events and subsequent catering are off-limits to members. Please contact a GSVLabs team member if you are interested in attending a closed event.
CONFERENCE ROOM SCHEDULING & CONDUCT
• Please reserve conference rooms for scheduled meetings of 30 minutes or more using the Cobot system. The café and the couch areas can be used for meetings contingent on availability.
• Please be courteous and relinquish the conference room to those with reservations at the completion of your scheduled meeting time.
• Each member is responsible for maintaining a clean environment and leaving conference rooms in the same condition they found it in, including but not limited to erasing the whiteboard. Please inform the front desk if you arrive for your meeting and the room is not clean.
• All guests are required to sign in at the front desk upon arrival at GSVLabs.
• To maintain a secure and private work environment, please do not leave your guests unattended in the GSVLabs facility.
• For visitors who are here multiple times a week, we offer virtual desk options. Guest privileges are not meant to avoid having a designated desk.
• Please do not leave dirty cups and dishes in the kitchen area. Please discard food and food wrappers properly and preferable in trash containers in the kitchen.
• Food items must be stored in appropriate, closed and preferably labeled containers in the refrigerator. The refrigerators are cleaned on alternating Fridays and all food items left in the refrigerator will be discarded.
• Any food kept in work spaces outside of the kitchen should be stored in appropriate, closed containers to ensure that our workspace remains free of insects and rodents.
INTERNET AND NETWORK USE
By connecting to or accessing any GSVLabs Network, you on behalf of yourself and your guests, consultants, employees, invitees, guests, affiliated entities and respective partners, employees, successors and assigns employees, invitees agree not to:
• Post, upload, transmit, distribute, store, create or otherwise publish through the Networks any of the following:
a. Content that is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, suggestive, harassing, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, abusive, inflammatory, fraudulent, otherwise objectionable or which threatens our relationships with our employees, partners, customers or suppliers; b. Content that may infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual or proprietary right of any party. By posting any User Content, you represent and warrant that you have the lawful right to distribute and produce such User Content; c. Spam, direct marketing communications or any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials or other forms of solicitation or commercial content;
• Access sites or other communities that constitutes, encourages or provides instructions for a criminal offense, violates the rights of any party or that creates liability or violates any applicable local, state, national or international law;
• Access any network or computer with the intent of spreading viruses, spyware, Trojan horses, Easter eggs or any other harmful, disruptive or destructive files;
• Act in a manner that, in the sole judgment of GSVLabs, is objectionable, restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Internet access the Networks provide or which damages the image or rights of GSVLabs, other users or third parties.
If you or your employees do not agree to the terms above regarding GSVLabs Network use you must not use the GSVLabs Networks.
SERVICE ANIMALS / DOG POLICY
• Only registered service animals are permitted on the property. They must have current vaccinations and are the sole responsibility and liability of their owner. If you intend to bring a service animal to work, please inform us (firstname.lastname@example.org) so that we are aware of the potential for an animal on premises in the event of an emergency.
• No other pets or animals will be permitted on the premises.
• You are solely responsible for the security of your property and IP. Please lock your valuables. If you need additional secure storage at GSVLabs, please inquire with your Start-Up Director to make additional arrangements.
HOURS OF OPERATION AND KEYCARDS
• Your security key gives you access to the facility 24/7. While we understand and expect late nights and the occasional work all-nighter, sleep overs are not permitted. No exceptions.
• Each onboarded member receives one key fob. Lost key fobs cost $25.